Advice for Choosing the Perfect Wedding Veil
1. A Wedding veil can transform the simplest dress into a stunning
2. If you are having a Wedding veil then you need to consider its colour,
style, length, number of tiers and the material which it’s made from.
3. Try lots of different styles and lengths of Wedding veil in different
fabrics to find the one that best compliments your outfit.
4. Don’t have a heavily patterned Wedding veil with a very
ornate dress as one will ‘fight’ with the other.
5. Don’t have a Wedding veil that cuts across detail at the back
of the wedding dress. Let the Wedding veil finish below the decoration. Silk
tulle is sheer enough to allow decoration to show through.
6. If you are petite, don’t have a veil that swamps you such
as a high bouffant veil. It will only make you look smaller
7. Think of adding colour eg. embroidery, to the veil to link in with
your bridesmaids and / or bouquet.
8. Remember the Wedding veil is part of the Bridal outfit, not something
that is ‘plonked’ on your head as an after thought.
10. If you are nervous of pressing your veil, ask the store where you
bought it if they will steam it a couple of days before the
wedding. You can transport it home covered in a pillow case or duvet cover
depending on its length.
11. Don’t wear something because you think you should, wear what
12. Don’t make a decision about whether to wear a Wedding
veil or not until you have tried some on with your dress. A
long wedding veil can create a wonderful ‘aura’ around you.
13. Don’t forget you can have a veil made to measure just
as you can a dress. You can have the exact length and decoration
that YOU want.
14. Your guests should say ‘YOU look stunning’, not your outfit
15. You only wear a Wedding veil once so make the most of it and enjoy it !!
Copyright Ann Guise 2006 www.silkveil.com